What is skin PRP?
PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) is a new form of treatment, especially for women, who want to improve their skin problems such as scars, wrinkles, sunburns, dark circles even under their eyes etc. The treatment involves the collection of patient’s own blood and preparation of a concentrate of platelets in plasma. However, this plasma containing a high concentration of platelets is subsequently used for several skin indications.
What can PRP is used for?
- PRP skin treatment is used for the improvement of acne scars, which can be noted in patients.
- The treatment is used to reduce the pigmentation in under eye area along with improving the skin texture, wrinkling and skin ageing.
- The treatment act as a matrix that regenerates tissue, promotes your own collagen to grow, and thus acts as to tighten and naturally smooth skin.
Who is the ideal candidate for PRP skin treatments?
Most people are an ideal candidate for PRP skin treatment, but it may not be recommended if you have the following issues:
- Medical issues that could worsen with injections, such as an active inflammation and infection.
- Some bleeding and blood disorders.
Video Credits: Dr. Amiya Prasad
How does it work?
PRP skin treatment is greatly an advantageous treatment for all men and women who are suffering from severe skin issues like scars, wrinkles, sunburns, dark circles even under their eyes. During this treatment procedure, doctors first take a little blood from the patient’s body which is then treated into a centrifuge machine (a centrifuge machine is a latest-technology machine which transforms the infected patients’ blood into a PRP enriched cells etc) in such manner that only healthy cells of platelets left. Then, these PRP affected blood is injected into the deep skin of a patient or in some cases, it is also applied to the affected surface area. As a result, the injected affected area of the patient’s skin starts regenerating again or developing growth and stimulating good cells and tissues again.
How long PRP skin treatment takes to work?
The entire process it bit lengthy, but it hardly takes 4-5 hours as the process involves injection process during this treatment. But, with the great and extremely naturally new and glowing skin result takes a very small price to pay.
Results / What To Expect:
Does skin PRP hurt?
Generally, Skin PRP treatment is not painful. However, the discomfort level depends on the type of skin treatment, you are being treated where PRP injection into the joint are of minimal discomfort. Sometimes, a patient can bear a small amount of pain after the procedure and it will not last more than 2-3 days or can be minimized with over the period of time.
The process of skin PRP is a natural, simple, and non-surgical way to combat with both male and female skin. Whereas, the treatment cause certain side effects such as:
- Sometimes a patient can bear the side effects like infection, bleeding, numbness, lack of sensation and changes in skin color etc.
- Sometimes a patient needs to go for multiple sittings or sessions, so as to get desired results.
- Sometimes, a patient many bear pains which happens from a pinprick bleeding on the skin and redness at the injection sites.
- Sometimes, individuals with sensitive skins can experience itching, redness, scratches or scar problem. This is a completely common reaction.
- Sometimes, the skin also becomes dry and rough, which will take 24 hours to get normal.
- Some kind of swelling can be noticeable on the next day. However, not to worry, it takes about 1 or 2 days to resolve.
- It can also cause tissue damage and nerve injury.
Plasma Rich Platelet skin treatment is truly a revolutionary that practice takes within 1 or 2 hours. There is no restriction after this PRP skin treatment. A Patient can resume their work or normal daily activity after 12 hours. Moreover, the treatment should be performed once in a month for the first 3 months after that performs every 3 to 6 months, thereafter, depending on the individual’s response and potential.
PRP skin treatment is a good option for glowing and smooth skin. Usually, 4 to 6 sessions are required for getting the visible difference in the scars and dark circles. However, the PRP treatment takes 6 months or 1 year, depending on the treatment of skin. The Patient requires to follow-up the sessions after every 2-3 months so as to check whether the treatment works or not.
- Avoid stress or sports activity, it will help you rejuvenate your new skin early.
- To give the PRP skin treatment time to work, you may have to take rest especially the treatment affected area for a few days by avoiding movement.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid junk food during the treatment.
- Allergic reactions can occur after this treatment. Hence, it’s an advice should notice and share with your doctors each and everything as little carelessness will lead you into a big trouble.
- Limit sun exposure for at least the next 6 weeks after the treatments, as UV rays make the treatment less effective and create some complications.
- After going through this skin PRP therapy, one needs to follow the healthy lifestyle and well-balanced diet.
Majestic Global hair and skin services is the trusted place for all major skin related problems. Here, at this centre, we believe in-depth researching and clinical study for alternative treatment options for the skin related issues of the patients.The team of Majestic Global hair and skin services includes highly qualified doctors and experienced surgeons that personally diagnose your skin problem and provide reliable and effective treatments.